If you are looking to go shopping in New York City, you may just find yourself spoiled for choice. This list of good places to shop in New York City will help even the most avid shopper whether you are on the lookout for diamonds or on the hunt for a bargain
1. Annex Antiques Fair and Flea Market- The perfect spot for laying your hands on some antiques and collectibles, the Annex Antiques Fair and Flea Market has everything from rare treasures to bric-a-brac. Weekends are a good time to visit and the fair opens as early as 6:30 am.
2. Eileen Fisher- Known for their stylish designs, clothes at Eileen Fisher are chic and classic. The highlights of this collection are the natural fibres used in neutral shades and their A-line cuts. Truly worth a visit for every woman who has a sense of style.
3. Beacon's Closet- Not the regular shopping destination, Beacon's Closet is popular for its vintage clothing and music store. The men's and women's apparel are second hand but are in great condition and are available for less than $10. It also has a collection of used CDs and vinyl records for sale.
4. The Diamond District- It is said that almost 90% of the diamonds sold in the United States have come through this street which is lined with showrooms selling exquisite jewellery. While Herman Rotenberg's 1,873 Unusual Wedding Rings are the perfect stop for wedding rings, the New York Jewellery Mart is ideal for semiprecious stones.
5. Sherry-Lehmann- Referred to as "the Rolls-Royce" of wine shops by Zagat's and named as the US' Best Wine Merchant by readers of the Decanter, Sherry-Lehmann is a favourite with wine-lovers who look forward to the free wine tastings offered by this shop.
6. ABS Carpet and Home- A favourite with tourists and interior decorators, it has on its premises a range of goods including hand-painted Tuscan pottery, Tiffany-style lamps, luxurious carpets, affordable house ware, upholstery fabrics and Moroccan mosaic-tiles.
7. Takashimaya- A branch of Japan's famous department-store chain, Takashimaya is known for its charming ambience, exquisite tableware, Christian Tortu's flower boutique and a cosmetics store with high-end designer brands for beauty conscious shoppers.
8. The Apple Store- The Apple Store is open 24/7 and is always buzzing with activity. A great place even for those who do not wish to buy high-end gadgets, the store has a 46-seat theatre and 14 internet connected computers fully loaded with games.
9. La Maison du Chocolat- A chocolate boutique which boasts of using not more than 65% cocoa, this is a great place to for chocolate lovers.
10. Fifth Avenue- Fifth Avenue is a one stop locale with showrooms belonging to some of the biggest fashion houses like Gianni Versace, Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo, Chanel and Burberry and many more. So, if you know your fashion and can afford it, make sure you stop by here.