Traveldir.org features a collection of travel, holiday and hotel related articles. Please feel free to submit your travel tips, destination guides, vacation reviews or any other interesting travel related articles or stories.
10 Benefits of a Vacation Rental Apartment over a Hotel
Holiday apartment rentals can provide international standards of comfort at the lowest cost. Staying in a holiday apartment rental also provides additional benefits like privacy, self-catering facilities and lower rental fees compared to a hotel room.
1. Vacation rental apartments provide a lot more privacy than hotels. Travellers can come and go as they please with no disturbances from housekeeping or room services.
2. By staying in a vacation rental apartment, visitors can enjoy an authentic experience of living exactly like the locals. If luxury is a factor, you can even find a luxury vacation rental apartment with a private pool or hot tub, so that you can use it exclusively.
3. If you travel in a large group of friends or with extended family, a vacation rental apartment is a practical option. This way everyone can share the costs. It is also easier to obtain transport for a group to all your destinations.
4. Apart from anything else, vacation rental apartments charge a flat fee for the entire apartment regardless of the number of occupants. Hence, you save a great deal compared to what you would spend in a hotel for a suite or a couple of rooms.
5. A vacation rental apartment for a family means parents do not have to worry about their children being in another room down the corridor. A vacation rental apartment will function like a second home, making it easier for you to monitor your children.
6. In a vacation rental apartment a family also has more space and more rooms. Hence, the parents do not have to share rooms with their children. Everyone can enjoy their own space.
7. Most vacation rental apartments provide full kitchens, thus enabling you to cook all your meals and saving a considerable amount on eating out for the whole family. In a hotel you are likely to find it exorbitant to order from room service if you do not want to go out and eat. The hotel restaurants are just as likely to be as expensive as room service if not more.
8. The best aspect about vacation rental apartments is that you will feel like you are in a home away from home, and yet know that you are in a new place without the responsibilities involved with the daily running of a home.
9. Holiday apartment rentals offer various accommodation options which range from cottages to castles, to budget apartments and luxury villas, giving you options of size, space and location.
10. These are ideal options for long vacations. In general, holiday apartment rentals offer weekly or extended stay options with 24 hour security services.