Some people say you've never really experienced Europe till it's blanketed in Snow... which is really something amazing that many can't put into words. The pace is relaxing with touristy areas winding down. With that said, take advantage of these places and see them without the tourist rush to really enjoy Europe as a winter wonderland.
1. Chamonix – If you're a fan of skiing and snow sports, this place is perfect for your winter vacation. Chamonix is a town located in the eastern part of France in the Haute-Savoie region and is like a little paradise nestled between the great big valleys. Straddle the Italian-French borders as you explore the beautiful Alps, with Mont Blanc, the most famous of them all, only a cable-car ride away.
2. Prague, Czech Republic – If you've been one to fall for fairytale settings, then it won't take you long to fall head over heels in love with Prague. Think castles, medieval bridges, beautiful forests and magical lights, now imagine that covered with a blanket of snow and voila, you've got a real life fairytale city. Prague sparkles most during winter, with its famous ski resorts and spas. Walk through the Christmas markets or just stroll along Charles Bridge as you enjoy the relaxed easy-going lifestyle and take in the beauty that is Prague.
3. Sweden – Want to try something completely different? Head for the famous ICEHOTEL in Sweden for a night in a room that's at least -5°C. The idea behind this is to combine a cold night together with all the warm ones you spend in Sweden. Not only that, in the winter, Sweden is a fantastic place to catch a glimpse of the awe-inspiring aurora borealis (Northern Lights), something that you definitely have to see and that will leave you absolutely swept away.
4. Switzerland – Switzerland is an exhilarating winter holiday destination, whether you're in it for the skiing, snowboarding, or just wanting a nice refreshing break amongst idyllic surroundings. The Swiss hospitality is friendly and warm and you'll never run out of activities. Stay in their ski resorts up in the mountains or head down town to their quaint chocolate shops and eateries and experience a truly festive Christmas with them.
5. Norway – Vacation here in Norway for a truly unique experience. Norway combines fjords, snow covered mountain plateaus, wilderness and sea and presents you with the best winter holiday around. Go snowshoeing, take a ride on a husky dog sled, go ice fishing, ride on a reindeer or even ride on your very own snow scooter as you explore Norway with guaranteed fun in the snow!