Traveldir.org features a collection of United Kingdom travel, vacation and hotels related articles. Please feel free to submit your travel guide, personal travelogue, United Kingdom hotel guide or any other travel related story.
This charming South Western rural English County exudes a charm of its own with its abundant scenic beauty, heritage architecture and quaint country-side. Devon also houses several parks, beaches, farm attractions and stately homes. Here are 10 attractions in Devon.
1. Soak in the sun at Blackpool Sands, a beautiful beach where you can relax, stroll aimlessly or enjoy some high action water sports.
2. Visit Big Sheep, one of the UKís most celebrated entertainment parks. Watch quirky entertainment shows including the world famous Sheep Racing where you can watch sheep strut their stuff to live music on stage. There is plenty of entertainment here for those with a sense of humour.
3. For a first- hand account of Englandís transport history and evolution, go to the Bradworthy Transport Museum which houses over 80 historic vehicles ranging from cars and tractors to lorries and motorcycles.
4. Step into Castle Drago and experience the fulfilment of an old-world fantasy while viewing the brilliant granite architecture built in Dartmoor. This sprawling 700-acre attraction is surrounded by a beautiful garden and has several walking paths.
5. Combe Martin Wildlife Park takes visitors back to the pre-historic era complete with life-size electronic replicas of dinosaurs. The 20-acre sub tropical park has a super line of activities including animal shows, train rides and animal handling sessions.
6. Take a trip to the Miniature Pony and Animal Farm at Dartmoor where pigs, cows, goats, birds and other creatures greet you. Look for the famed miniature donkeys and ponies. You can also go on a nature trail or relax at the serene lakes.
7. Canonteign Falls is Englandís highest waterfall and a must visit for travellers who will enjoy its expansive woodlands, fields and tranquil lakes. There is an in-house cafeteria and souvenir shop where you can buy some great local art.
8. The Babbacombe Model Village infuses life into the historical legacy of England through thousands of miniature edifices and vehicles.
9. Capture the spirit of natural wilderness at the Becky Falls Woodland Park. Go on a wildlife discovery trail, view the Scary Animal Encounter Show starring Boa constrictors and tarantulas or feed friendly miniature ponies and Guinea Pigs.
10. Bring out your creative side at the Darlington Crystal Visitor Center where you can get a first-hand experience of the intricate art of shaping molten crystal into stylish shapes. You can also try your skills at glass art and take home a beautifully crafted souvenir.