Traveldir.org features a collection of Barcelona travel, vacation and hotels related articles. Please feel free to submit your travel guide, personal travelogue, Barcelona hotel guide or any other travel related story.
Barcelona is home to some of the best beaches in Spain and boasts four main beach areas that cover more than four kilometres of the city’s coastline. There are many other beautiful beaches in the areas surrounding the city as well. Here are five of the best beach destinations in and around Barcelona.
1. Barceloneta Beach - Barceloneta Beach is one of the most popular beaches near Barcelona’s city centre. The beach is easily accessible by train and is well connected to the city’s main roads. Popular activities in the area include swimming, kite surfing and water sports. There are also many restaurants and bars in this area that tourist can take advantage of. This in many ways if the beach people associate with when they talk of Barcelona beach.
2. Sant Sebastia Beach – This beach is near to Barcelona city and is one of the most traditional beach areas in the region. This beautiful beach provides guests and tourists with a quiet and relaxing environment perfect for picnics and romantic walks. This is a great place if you want to avoid the mor3e crowded beaches whilst still being fairly central.
3. Bogatell Beach -Bogatell is the perfect beach destination for nature lovers and people interested in heath and wellness. There are no noisy bars in the area, which makes it perfect for activities like cycling, jogging, and exercising. The beach also has an interesting stone pathway ideal for leisurely strolls.
4. Nova Icaria - Nova Icaria is located in close proximity to the Olympic Marina. Nova Icaria is a busy beach and is the perfect choice for those tourists interested in socializing and mingling with the locals. Two of the city’s most popular restaurants, the Chiringuito de Moncho and Mango, are located near this beach area. Tourists can also take a walk down the beach to the nearby Port Olimpic where numerous bars and restaurants are located.
5. Mar Bella - Mar Bella is a large beach area where tourists can enjoy activities like swimming, surfing and windsurfing. There are also many restaurants in the vicinity that offer visitors a choice of cuisines. Mar Bella is very popular among tourists and locals alike; it also houses a naturist section that is secluded from the rest of the beach area by bamboo trees. This is an extra 15 to 20 minute walk if you are walking from the marina or bottom of Las Ramblas, compared with Barceloneta beach.